Moral Story: The 2 Fishermen

Satisfaction with life

Most of us have dream of great achievement. But in the end we get back to where we start. Although the fisherman who come back from the city may be more well-off, while his friend who stay on in the village may have to live a simple life. In life, the most important is what result we want to achieve and have we already achieve our goal.


I once read the below article online.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" In a fishing village, lived 2 fishermen who grew up together. They sit on a quiet beach, each day they catch fish, some to eat, some to sell to make a living.

Then one day, one of the fisherman A says “I want to try to achieve something for myself…. I want to become something! Go out into the world and become a success! I’m going to do it"

As his good Buddy, The other, contented fisherman B says “I wish you the best my friend, but I enjoy the life here”

Fisherman A left the village, works hard, gets a corporate / office job. Climbs the “corporate ladder” (back-stabbing and keeping his guard up to prevent any back-stab) and builds his wealth. He gets the corporate car, awesome promotion, retirement savings account.

But after a few years, tired of the politics and stress, the withered fisherman A decide to retire from the corporate world.

…..where do you think he retires to…????


He returns to the fishermen village. He picks up a fishing pole and sits next to his old friend.

He turns to his old friend and proudly says “Hows everything? I missed it so much here. I worked so hard, made something of myself, made some money, and now I have return”

The long time friend cheerfully replies, “Welcome back, I’ve been enjoying life right here all along”."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a reply